Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mope Than This

Oh Hay. I. Had. Whiskey. I haven't been drinking much since I have been down with the sickness. But I am a miserable fuck to begin with, so every once in awhile, you have to have your medicine to be able to tolerate the abundance of suck that this world is in.

Yes.

I am in a positive mood tonight.

No.

Really I am. It started out with my BFF (we should just get BFF necklaces already, oh wait we already did) coming to visit me. And that was awesome. We had amazing conversation.

I swear to God. Sometimes I wish I could be more attracted to the female persuasion. Because her and I would totally be dating right now. She gets me in every way. She doesn't judge me. I share errything with her. Everyone needs at least one person in their life at one point that is like this.


She needed to go home. Which is fine. I GET IT. Hahaha, kidding, but she left. And I was left to my own devices. Beer, whiskey, and my songs. Generally I have a hot playlist going on in the background when I drink of pure unadulterated stupidity.

But I let it roll on random tonight.

Tonights 30 Songs in 30 Days consists of:



* Day 06 – A song that reminds you of somewhere

I already gave my warning of how subjective this is.

But tonight I picked a song that was...well...ubiquitous. Meaning, it am thinking of a song that reminds me of somewhere, but it is everywhere in my life.

The first time that I heard this song as an adult...my heart hurt and thudded. I can't really explain it. It was as though I had heard it 5,000 times before and it invoked 5,000 of the first feelings that I had ever experienced all at the same time. Again, there was no explanation for it. It's like when you have relived a beautiful moment over and over again, but there is no way to be able to put it into words.

Which of course is a feeling that you can't explain to anyone unless you were Foreigner singing "Feels Like the First Time" or Madonna (that scary spidery looking bitch) singing "Like a Virgin"

This song is all of the best things happening to me in a lifetime comprised with every single horrible and hurtful thing that has happened to me. I feel torn when I hear it. I want to get laid when it comes on or I want to ball up into a corner and cry when I hear it. How do you explain that to any
one? I was just trying to, but again, it's inexplicable.

It's inexplicably nostaligic.

The reason I say that is because, I never made out with anyone to it. I have, and never will, give birth to it, I wasn't in a breakup when I hear this song, it wasn't the first time that I fell in love with a person that I heard this particular song, I wasn't down and out, I wasn't up and high, I just.....was.

So it covers every aspect of my life. Happy, sad, lonely, covered in an orgy of too many people, it's a mixed bag of emotions.

Now.

Gaze into the hypnotic eyes of Mr. Ferry.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnde5c7OG8

No comments: