Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rock T Diaries




No, not rock tit. However that does have a tendency to happen if you don't wear a bra and walk down the refrigerated aisle at your local grocery store.

Or if it's a hot summer day, you are wearing a halter top that doesn't support bras, and your bring your chihuahua into Petsmart to get his nails trimmed and he misbehaves so badly that one of the ladies asks you to hold him while she attempts to trim his nails and you do and he gets that "going to his rape place" look in his eyes, and starts pawing at your halter until you flash all five people working behind the counter. True story.

But I digress. Rock T Summer started last year when I started the hunt for the latest and greatest t-shirts that I could acquire sporting a favorite band. I am big into the vintage originals, so it can be quite the hunt. At times in the past, I haven't pulled the trigger for years until the perfect one manifests itself before my very eyes.

So here I shall start posting all of my favorite finds.

We begin with Eazy-E. Straight Out of Compton was one of my favorite N.W.A. albums to listen to when I was in high school. Well, skipping classes in high school that is. Yet, I could never find a girl shirt that had my man Eazy on it.

One day while at my local mall, I found a screen printing kiosk, and asked them if I went to get a tank top, if they would print him on there for me. They went for it, I went to Mervyn's (now defunct right) came back and had this beauty made. It was about 10 years ago, but I have held tight to it ever since. It has since cracked and faded, but I guess now we can consider it vintage right?



No comments: